This product has been discontinued. Please contact our sales department for help in selecting a similar replacement.
Edirol R-09 Overview:
Pristine 24-Bit Recording to Go
R-09 24-bit WAVE/MP3 Recorder.
Over the past year, EDIROL sold a staggering number of R-1 and R-4 recorders, making "Portable Recording" one of the most successful product categories in the company's portfolio. Now comes a new addition to the red-hot lineup: the R-09. Building on the success of the R-1, the R-09 takes many of the most desired features - 24-bit uncompressed recording and a built-in stereo mic - and shrinks it all down into a more streamlined, stylish, and affordable package.
Edirol R-09 Features:
- 24-bit/48kHz (or 44.1kHz) uncompressed recording
- Up to 320kbps MP3 playback and recording
- Records to SD card (64MB card included)
- High-grade stereo condenser microphone built in
- Mic and Line audio inputs; USB I/O
- Easy operation, user-friendly graphic display
- Ultra portable, half the size of the R-1
- Long battery life
Edirol R-09 Details:
It's ultra small and looks like a gadget, but make no mistake - the R-09 is a serious, top-quality professional recorder. Capture source material at a crystal-clean 24-bit resolution with your choice of 44.1 or 48kHz sample rates. You can record and play back in MP3 format as well (up to 320kbps). Once recorded, your files can be monitored through the R-09's headphone jack and/or exported to a computer via USB.
I.A.R.C. (Isolated Adaptive Recording Circuit)
I.A.R.C. is the newly developed dedicated analog circuit optimized for recording on R-09. Electrolytic capacitors provide stable, reliable power to the analog circuits, eliminating DC interference. The R-09 offers an input gain volume control to manually adjust recording levels.
To record audio into the R-09, there's no extra gear to buy or no cables to connect. A quality stereo microphone is built right into the unit, complete with a dedicated input control, mono/stereo selector, low-cut filter, and gain boost. Just point and record! If you wish to use an external microphone, the R-09 offers a 1/8" mic input.
The R-09 is more affordable than its predecessor, the R-1. One reason the R-1 carries a heavier price tag is because of its well-stocked lineup of internal effects. The R-09 isn't devoid of effects, however. It contains the world's most-requested/desired effect: reverb. Whether you're listening to WAV or MP3 files, you can route the R-09's playback through its internal reverb processor, immersing it in lush, user-controllable ambience.
More Than Music
The R-09 is perfect for capturing live music events, recitals, and rehearsals. It's also handy as a songwriter's sketchpad, ensuring that no moment of inspiration is lost. But the R-09 has many valuable uses outside of the music world as well. Students can use it to record lectures. Broadcasters and journalists can throw away their antiquated cassette recorders and use the R-09 for in-the-field interviews. Wherever, whenever there's a need to capture audio, the R-09 can do it hassle-free thanks to its built-in microphone and long battery operation.
USB 2.0 Connection to Computer for Rapid File Transfer
The R-09 can connect to the outside world via USB 2.0 for importing/exporting audio files via computer very quickly. For example, a 600 MB recording at 44.1 kHz/16-bit takes only 5 minutes to transfer, only 1/12 of the time it would take to transfer the same recording from a MiniDisc or tape (cassette/DAT) recorder.
Edirol R-09 Specifications:
- Recorder Part
- Tracks 2 (stereo)
- Signal Processing AD/DA conversion: 24 bits, 44.1/48 kHz
- Data Type [ For Recording ] *Stereo only, Format: MP3 (MPEG-1 audio layer 3), Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 64/96/128/160/192/224/320 kbps, Format: WAV, Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits
- [ For Playback ] Format: MP3 (MPEG-1 audio layer 3), Sampling Rates: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 64/96/128/160/192/224/256/320 kbps or VBR (Variable Bit Rate), Format: WAV, Sampling Rates: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits
- Memory Card SD Memory Card (supports 64 MB--4 GB), SDHC format compatible.
- Input and Output
- Audio Inputs Internal Stereo Microphone, Mic input (Stereo miniature phone type,
- plug-in powered mic), Line input (Stereo miniature phone type)
- *The Internal/External MIC and the Line input can't be used at the same time; only the Line input is effective.
- Audio Outputs Phones* (Stereo miniature phone type), Digital Out Connector* (Optical miniature phone type)
- *Phones and Digital Out use a common jack.
- Nominal Input Level (Variable) Mic Input: -36 dBu (Default input level), Line Input: 0 dBu (Default input level)
- Input Impedance Mic input: 20 k ohms, Line input: 17 k ohms
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 22 kHz
- USB Interface Mini-B type connector (support USB 2.0/1.1 mass storage device class)
- Effects Playback Reverb: 3 types (Hall1, Hall2, Room, Plate)
- Display 120 x 64 dots OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) Graphic Display
- Power Supply AC Adaptor, Alkaline dry battery LR6 (AA) type x 2, or Nickel Hydrogen battery (HR15/51)
- Current Draw 360 mA
- Accessories Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor (PSB-6U), SD Memory Card (64 M bytes), USB Cable (Mini-B type)
- Size and Weight
- Width 63 mm 2-1/2 inches
- Depth 102 mm 4-1/16 inches
- Height 29 mm 1-3/16 inches
- Weight 0.1 kg 0 lbs. 6 oz.
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Get your Edirol R-09 today