This product has been discontinued. Please contact our sales department for help in selecting a similar replacement.
Furman HR-6 Personal Headphone Mixer
The Furman HDS-6 / HR-6 Audio Distribution System offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. The combination of unique functions add unprecedented functionality and convenience to any multiple-user audio application.
The system consists of two components: the rackmount HDS-6 Audio Distribution System, and one or more HR-6 remote mixers (please note that the HR-6 remote mixers are sold separately). Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables -- multiple HR-6's are simply daisy-chained together. A pair of 25 foot linking cables is included with each HR-6, and other lengths are easily obtained at your local computer store or through mail order. For applications where daisy-chaining is not practical, a twelve port or larger ethernet patch panel can be wired to allow multiple HR-6 units to connect from a central location. Up to eight HR-6 remote mixers can be linked to an HDS-6, and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each HR-6.
The HDS-6 rackmount distribution system connects to the mixer/console to provide interface and power supplies to drive a group of HR-6 remote mixers. Trimpots are provided on the HDS-6's front panel to match the console output levels to the HDS-6's inputs.
The HDS-6 is ideal as a low distortion headphone driver for the most critical listening situations. In addition to providing high current differential buffered signals, it also provides power and ground to the HR-6 remote mixers.
The HR-6 is a compact six-channel, five-pot remote mixer that clamps to any mic stand. When used with the HDS-6, the HR-6 allows musicians to customize their own headphone or monitor mix, and the engineer doesn't have to touch the board.
The HR-6 provides four mono pots and one stereo pot. The four mono pots allow each user to create a custom mix of four console channels or busses. The stereo pot will most often be used for a main control room mix, or for a stereo effects return.
The HR-6 also provides a "Submixes Included/Excluded" button, which mutes the four mono pots, allowing only the stereo source to be heard, without having to alter the HR-6's four monaural settings.
The HDS-6 / HR-6 Audio Distribution System and HR-6 Remote Mixer are designed for high-end audio applications, yet are affordable enough for home studios and general live sound applications.
Furman HR-6 Features:
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the board
- Perfect for use as a headphone system in the studio, plus drives powered monitors in live sound applications
- HDS-6 rackmount audio distribution system connects to the mixer/console to provide interface and power supplies to drive a group of HR-6 remote mixers
- HR-6 remote mixer provides each musician with five volume controls: four monaural (for mixer channels or busses), plus one for an overall stereo mix or a stereo effects return
- HDS-6 to HR-6 linking cables are included with the HR-6, as is a universal mic stand clamp
- HDS-6 provides gain trims and overload LEDs for each input, ground lift and on/off switch, and system status LEDs
Furman HR-6 Specifications:
- Input Impedance: 20K ohms
- Sensitivity: Variable, -10 to +4 dBu for rated output.(adjustable with trimpot on each input)
- Power Output: 400 mW at 32 ohms (200 mW at 600 ohms, 500 mW at 100 ohms) from 20 Hz to 20 KHz.
- HR-6: Inputs: RJ-45 jacks. Output: 1/4" stereo headphone jack.
- HR-6 Connecting Cable: 2 each: 10Base-T UTP Ethernet computer cables, Cat. 3 or better.
- Distortion: 0.008% THD at full rated power at 1 KHz; 0.05% THD 20Hz to 20 KHz.
- Dynamic Range: Greater than 96 dB
- Freq. Response: +0, -1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 KHz, 400 mW output
- Power Requirement: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 20 watts
- Mechanical: HR-6 Dimensions: 2.5" H x 6.75"W x 3.5" D. HR-6 Weight: 1.25 lbs. (.58 kg.)
Get Your Furman HR-6 Today!