This product has been discontinued. Please contact our sales department for help in selecting a similar replacement.
Pioneer DJM500 Pro DJ Mixer
Functions that Push DJ Sound to the Limit
Auto BPM Counter — Only from Pioneer
Let the digital readout confirm what you already know by ear. The Beatst-Per-Minute Counter measures the BPM of virtually all kinds of dance music, enabling you to check the tempo at a glance. Linking widely differing types of music is easier than ever with the Auto BPM Counter.
Auto BPM and Effects
- Delay: A single repeat of 1/2, 3/4, and 1/1 beat music can be overlaid over a track. For example, with 1/2 Beat Delay, four beats will be increased to eight, while using the 3/4 Beat Delay produces a "leap sound" effect.
- Echo: Repeatedly overlaying beats of 1/2, 3/4, and 1/1 is simple. Cutting in 1/1 beat Echo can create an intriguing fade to the beat; applying it to the mike causes microphone output to be reproduced repeatedly to the same beat.
- Auto Pan: The left-right balance can be changed automatically to the rhythm as rapidly as you like. Auto Pan can do rhythmic switches too quick for human operators.
- Flanger: Switching to the Flanger effect produces synthesizer tones quickly and easily.
- Pitch Shifter: The Pitch Shifter corrects for changes in pitch within a range of +/- 1 octave when using analog turntables or other vendors' CD players. Used with the mic, the Pitch Shifter can alter voices.
- Reverb: A variety of reverberation effects are available.
- Send/Return: Your samplers and peripherals are easily connected to the DJM500.
With one touch of the Effect On/Off button, effects are linked to the rhythm.
EQ For Each Channel
The DJM500 features a 3-band independent EQ for each channel, allowing for simple correction, emphasis, or even elimination of different sound characteristics.
Peak Level Meter for Each Channel
Source input levels are given instantly for each channel.
The indicator lamps tell you when the beat you want is linked to the Auto BPM.
Fader Start Play
Connecting the DJM500 to the CDJ Series allows you to take advantage of Fader Start Play; by increasing the Fader on the mixer, the player will automatically override the Pause control and start the music immediately. Fader Start Play also works during Cross Fading, an industry first that brings out the best in sampler-style music.
Fader Back Cue Play
When the DJM500 is used with the CDJ Series (excluding CDJ50OG and CDJ500), the Fader or Cross Fader controls can also return you automatically to a designated cue point if desired. By fading Cross Fader back and forth or Fader up and down quickly, you can give the "essence" of scratching a certain point on a vinyl record.
Pioneer Gives You More
- 2 MIC inputs: MAIN located on top panel, SUB on rear panel.
- Other inputs: 2 CD, 2 LINE, 3 PHONO.
- Monitor EQ: The bass tone can be adjusted to your optimum level to set your favorite beat in the mid or high range.
- Independent Monitor Selection Switch: Monitor any channel input or effect independently or simultaneously.
- Booth Monitor Level: Adjusts the volume for a separate DJ booth monitoring system.
- Balanced output: Direct connection to an amplifier.
- Phones output: Located on top panel.
- Trim: Separate controls for each channel.
- Input Terminals: CD x 2 (RCA), Phone x 3 (RCA), Line x 2 (RCA), Mic x 2 (XLR x 1, 1/4 in. Phone x 1)
- Output Terminals: Master Out x 3 (RCA/XLR/1/4 in. Phone), Booth Monitor x 1(RCA), Headphone Monitor x 1(1/4 in. Phone)
- Other Terminals: Send x 1(1/4 in. Phone x 2), Return x 1(1/4 in.Phone x 2)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20KHz(CD)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 85 dB or more (RCA)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02% or less (CD)
- Audio Output: 1.0V
- Power Requirements: AC 120V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 41 W
- Net Weight: 13 lbs. (5.9 kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 320 x 107 x 357.4mm