Presonus Eureka Description:
The Eureka is a professional recording channel strip containing a discrete class A transformer-coupled microphone preamplifier, compressor, and three-band parametric equalizer. The microphone preamplifier features variable input impedance so that the Eureka can be matched and "tuned" for all types of microphones and recording applications. The Class A transformer-coupled microphone preamplifier also features "SATURATE" which adjusts the drain current on the input FET amplifier to simulate of the effects of tape saturation and tube "warmth".
The Eureka's ultra fast compressor has both soft and hard knee compression as well as a separate make up gain stage and hi-pass side chain compression to deliver hard pumping to ultra transparent compression and everything in between. The Eureka's three-band fully parametric EQ gives you variable Q (bandwidth) on each band as well as an EQ pre COMP switch to put the EQ before the Compressor in the signal path. The equalizer has overlapping frequency selection on each band for total tonal control and shaping.
The Eureka is loaded with microphone, line and instrument input so you can use it as a front end preamplifier for recording with microphones, guitars, keyboards, synths as well as a compressor/equalizer on a single channel during mixdown. The Eureka also has balanced send and return jacks so that you can insert your favorite outboard processor before the compressor/EQ to further enhance and customize your sound.
An optional 24 Bit/192kHz digital output card (AD192) is available for the Eureka to further optimize sonic performance. The Eureka's AD192 digital output card is loaded with both SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs, word clock I/O as well as a balanced TRS line input so that only one output card is nessesary when using two Eureka's in stereo or dual mono situations.
The Eureka gives you the sonic performance and control you need in the real-world to produce professional quality audio that you, your customers and your fans deserve!
Presonus Eureka Features:
- Class A High Headroom Transformer Coupled Microphone Preamplifier
- Variable Microphone Input Impedance
- Variable SATURATE control (simulates tape saturation and tube warmth)
- Fully Variable Compressor with Hi-pass Side Chain
- Three Band Fully Parametric Equalizer
- EQ Pre or Post Compressor
- High Headroom Output Section
- Very Low Noise Design
- Internal Power Supply
- Transparent, wide range performance
Presonus Eureka Specifications:
Dynamic Range: >115dB
Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
Internal Operating Level: 0dBu = 0B
Gain: +12dB to +52dB
Noise Floor: -112dBu (+12dB gain)
THD + Noise (0% saturation): <0.005%
THD + Noise (full saturation): <0.5%
Microphone Input Connector: XLR
Microphone Input Impedance (selectable): 2.5k, 1.5k, 600, 150, 50 Ohms
Instrument Input Connector: 1/4 in. TS
Instrument Input Impedance: 1 Meg Ohm
Send Connector: 1/4 in. TRS balanced/unbalanced
Send Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
Return Connector: 1/4 in. TRS balanced/unbalanced
Return Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
Metering (3-LED): -20dBu, 0dBu, Clip
Line Input (switchable): 1/4 in. TRS, 10k Ohm Input Impedance
Phantom Power (switchable): +48V (pin 1, pin 2 XLR)
Pad (switchable): 0dB/-20dB
Phase (switchable): 0, 180 degrees
Hi-pass filter (switchable): -3dB shelf at 80Hz
- Threshold (variable): -40dBu to +20dBu
- Ratio (variable): 1-10 (1:1 to 2:1)
- Attack (variable): 0.1 to 200 ms
- Release (variable): 0.05 ms to 3 S
- Gain Make-up: -20dB to +20 dB
- Hi-pass Side Chain Filter (variable): 10Hz to 10kHz
- Metering: Analog VU (gain reduction / Output Level)
- Low Band (+/-13dB): 20Hz to 300Hz
- Mid Band (+/-13dB): 200Hz to 3kHz
- High Band (+/-13dB): 2kHz to 20kHz
- Q (variable all bands): Q=0.4 to 2 (3 octave to 2/3 octave)
- Output Fader: -70dB to +10dB
- Output Connectors: XLR balanced and 1/4 in. TRS balanced/unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 51 Oms
- Metering (output level): Analog VU (-20dBu to +6dBu)
- Meter (gain reduction): Analog VU (-20dB to 0dB)
- Output Headroom: +22dBu
- Power Supply: Internally Regulated Linear Type
- Power Requirements (factory configured): 100VAC to 120VAC, 200VAC to 240VAC
- Size: 1U Rack
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19 x 1.75 x 7 in.
- Weight: 8 lbs.
Get your Presonus Eureka today!