Rane DEQ60 2 Channel Graphic Equalizer
When the term "graphic equalizer" was first coined, the intent was to provide a device that allowed the user to "draw" the desired frequency response using slider controls on the unit's front panel. Thus, the Holy Grail of graphic equalizers is a device with a response that truly matches the slider settings. For years, this seemingly unobtainable goal resulted in products based on the fine art of compromise - until now - until the DEQ 60.
It's not Constant - not Proportional - It's Perfect! Digital Signal Processing (DSP) allows filter technology not possible with analog designs. Rane coined the term Perfect-QTM to describe the results (U.S. & international patents filed). The DEQ 60 is the world's first true graphic equalizer (i.e., one providing real mechanical front panel slide controls) whose output response precisely matches its front panel settings. Perfect-Q features virtually no band interaction and extremely low ripple between adjacent bands. Just to keep things interesting and flexible, fear not proportional-Q lovers, for each channel of the DEQ 60 is selectable between Perfect-Q or proportional-Q response.
- Perfect-QTM : What You See Is What You Get
- No EQ filter interaction
- Proportional-Q: Classic smooth response
- Independent Accelerated-SlopeTM 3-band full-cut tone controls
- Low-cut and High-cut filters
- Input and Output Level controls
- Eight segment metering for each Input and Output
- Two Boost / Cut ranges: ±6 dB or ±12 dB
- Each channel may use A or B channel controls
* Stereo Linking
* Two "analog memories"
* A-curve / B-curve comparison
- 25 mm sliders with soft-touch faders
- Analog controlled DSP
- XLR, 1/4" TRS and Euroblock connectors
- Bypass switch (DSP), Bypass relay (power failure)
- Exceptional RF and magnetic immunity
- Universal internal switching power supply
- Includes 3.5" security cover