Tascam DV-RA1000HD Description:
The TASCAM DV-RA1000HD is the new go-to device for high-resolution mixdown, mastering and event recording.
It supports recording to CD, DVD or hard disk media at up to 192kHz/24-bit PCM resolution. Like its predecessor, the DV-RA1000, it also records Direct Stream Digital audio, Sony's revolutionary format created for Super Audio CDs.
TASCAM remains the only manufacturer to offer Direct Stream Digital recording for under 2,000, making the format attainable for audiophile archival and professional studio mixdown.
The DV-RA1000HD includes DSP for EQ and dynamics processing, a USB 2.0 connection for computer transfer and a rear panel packed with the connections professionals demand.
Minnetonka's discWelder Bronze 1000 for DSD conversion and DVD-Audio disc authoring is offered free from TASCAM for DV-RA1000HD owners. The DV-RA1000HD provides more than 60 hours of recording to its built-in 60GB hard drive, making it ideal for live recording.
Recording is also possible direct to DVD+RW media for over fi ve hours of recording at better-than-CD quality. Designed for recording studio mixdown, audiophile archival, live recording and installed sound, you can trust the DV-RA1000HD with your most treasured master recordings.
TASCAM, in conjunction with Minnetonka Audio Software, is introducing an exclusive version of DiscWelder software. DiskWelder Bronze 1000, available for free to all registered DV-RA1000 owners, adds three useful audio mastering features to professional studios looking to do more with their high-resolution recordings.
First, the software allows conversion from Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio to a PCM WAVE file that can be imported into any DAW software. Second, the software allows users to burn a DVD-Audio disc with up to 192kHz/24-bit stereo mixes. Also included in the software is the ability to create a DVD disc that will play on any DVD player - not just those set up for DVD-A playback.
"The DV-RA1000 puts DSD recording - the best-sounding digital recording format available - within the reach of anyone," says John Larabee, Director of Sales for TASCAM. "Now, powered by Minnetonka's authoring software, owners of the DV-RA1000 can record and archive in DSD format, then distribute their material in any resolution or format needed. DiscWelder Bronze 1000 allows DV-RA1000 users to convert their DSD files to WAVE files at any resolution for use in DAW and mastering software like Pro Tools, WaveLab, Peak and others. In addition to that, artists can now burn either DVD-Audio discs of their mixes or burn standard DVD discs which can be played in any of the millions of DVD players in the world."
The TASCAM DV-RA1000 is a high-resolution stereo master recorder that records to CD or DVD+RW discs. Using DVD discs, the DV-RA1000 can record over five hours at better than CD quality, can record at 192kHz/24-bit resolution or record at DSD, the audio format developed by Sony for Super Audio CDs. The DV-RA1000 includes real-time effects such as multiband compression and EQ, and a USB 2.0 jack allows it to be used as a DVD+RW drive when connected to a Mac or Windows computer.
Tascam DV-RA1000HD Specifications:
- High-quality stereo recording at up 192kHz/24-bit or DSD format
- Records to Built-in 60GB hard drive, DVD+RW, CD-R/RW media
- Archives to DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW discs
- Multiband compression and 3-band EQ mixdown effects
- USB 2.0 connection to PC for use as DVD data drive
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs and outputs
- Balanced AES/EBU inputs and outputs, running at normal, double-speed and double-wire formats
- SDIF-3 DSD input and output for external conversion and processing of DSD audio
- Word Sync In, Out, Thru
- RS-232C serial control
- PS/2 keyboard connector for title editing
- User-definable function keys
- Large, backlit LCD display
- Records to standard CD-DA, Broadcast Wave and DSDIFF formats
- Dedicated input level control and adjustable maximum output level
- ±6% pitch control
- Fade in/out
- Jog playback
- Power on play feature
- Various play and record modes such as auto track increment, auto cue, auto ready, single/continuous play and program A/B play.
- Wired remote control (RC-RA1000) included
- Headphone output
- 19" x 3.75" x 14.1" (483 x 95 x 357 mm)
- 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
Rear Panel Connections
- (2) XLR balanced analog line inputs
- (2) RCA unbalanced analog line inputs
- (2) XLR balanced analog line outputs
- (2) RCA unbalanced analog line outputs
- (2) Stereo AES/EBU digital inputs on XLR balanced jacks
- Stereo S/PDIF digital input on coaxial connector
- (2) Stereo AES/EBU digital outputs on XLR balanced jacks
- Stereo S/PDIF digital output on coaxial connector
- (2) SDIF 3/DSD RAW inputs on BNC jacks
- (2) SDIF 3/DSD RAW outputs on BNC jacks
- USB 2.0 interface for connection to PC
- RS-232 connector for device control
- BNC Word Sync Input and Out/Thru with auto termination
- Wired RC-RA1000 remote input
Get Your Tascam DV-RA1000HD Today!